(Last update: January 21, 2016)
ACBS2016 was successfully held on Jan. 19, 2016.
Best Student Paper Award
- OA4 Development sulfonated carbon microsphere for the catalyst of biodiesel production
T. T. Vi+, S. Kongparakul, C. Samart* (Thammasat Univ.), P. Reubroycharoen (Chulalongkorn Univ.), G. Guan (Hirosaki Univ.), N. M. Huan ( Vietnam Petroleum Inst. (PVPro)
- OB1 Utilization of biomass furnace by-products as fuel briquettes
A. M. Tuates* (Philippine Center for Postharvest Development and Mechanization), A. R. Ligisan+ (Central Luzon State Univ.), O. A. Caparino (Philippine Center for Postharvest Development and Mechanization)
- P44 Effects of preparation methods on the activity of Ni/SiO2 fiber catalysts in ethanol steam reforming
S. Mhadmhan+, P. Reubroycharoen* (Chulalongkorn Univ.)
Excellent Paper Award for Oral Presentation
- OA3 Application of spiral reactor for biodiesel production in supercritical methanol and ethanol: process evaluation
O. Farobie+, T. Samanmulya, Y. Matsumura* (Hiroshima Univ.)
Excellent Paper Award for Poster Presentation
- P30 Kinetics and mechanism of CO2 gasification of char from sugarcane bagasse
Z. F. Zahara+ (Kyushu Univ.), Daniyanto (Gadjah Mada Univ.), Y. Hachiyama, S. Kudo, K. Norinaga, J. Hayashi* (Kyushu Univ.)
Utilization of biomass is getting more and more important, with various purposes including countermeasure to the Climate Change, realization of the sustainable society, activation of rural area, economic development of the country, improvement of living standards, raising electrification rate, and saving foreign currency, depending on the country. As an international conference to discuss biomass academically, the 3rd Asian Conference on Biomass Science is held in Niigata, following Kochi and Tsukuba. The papers will be published in the special issue of J. Jpn. Inst. Energy after review. Students, researchers, and those who are interested in Asian countries are invited to join. For the excellent paper presented by student, support for the student's travel is made.
yImportant noticezIf you need any help for the application of visa, please contact the JIE Secretariat: unishi_jie1921[at]jie.or.jp (Substitute [at] with @, please!!)
Thank you for your presentation at ACBS2016. Please prepare your presentation as follows.
You have 12 min for your presentation and 3 min for discussion. Please keep your time.
The poster area is 1200 mmm width x 2100 mm height. It allows you to put a poster of the size of A0 (841 mm width x 1189 mm height) size. Please prepare your poster and put it after registration. You can take off the paper between 14:00 and 17:30. Posters left after 17:30 will be discarded by the organizers.
Submission of the extended abstract
ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPER (PDF File, 197 KB)
- Organized by: Biomass Division, Japan Institute of Energy
- Co-organized by (expected): Asia Biomass Association, Hiroshima University,
- Co-operated by (expected): Japan Alcohol Association, Japan Society of Energy and Resources, The Japan Science and Technology Agency, The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan, Japan Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Catalysis Society of Japan, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, New Energy Foundation, The Forest Biomass Utilization Society, The Japan Forest Engineering Society, The Japan Petroleum Institute, The Japan Gas Association, The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Japan Sewage Works Association, The Japanese Forest Society, Japan Solar Energy Society, Association of Japanese Agricultural Scientific Societies, Wood Technological Association of Japan, The Japan Wood Research Society, Japan Organics Recycling Association, The Japanese Society of Irrigation, Drainage and Rural Engineering, Japan Association for Technoinnovation in Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan Bioindustry Association, Society of Biomass Utilization, The Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Mokushitu Baiomasu Riyo Kenkyukai
- Supported by (expected): Niigata Prefecture, Niigata City, Niigata University
- Date: Tue., Jan. 19, 2016
- Venue: Toki Messe: Niigata Convention Center (6-1 Bandaijima, Chuo-ku, Niigata 950-0078, Japan)
Free WiFi is available in the venue. However, downloading large-sized files is prohibited so that please download the ACBS2016 Extended Abstracts, which will be available to registrant, beforehand.
- Reception: Evening of Tue., Jan. 19, 2016
- Language: English
- Registration fee:
- Member of the Biomass Division, Japan Institute of Energy: 10,000 JPY (150 USD)
- Others: 12,000 JPY (180 USD)
- Homepage: http://jie.or.jp/biomass/events/acbs/
Detail of the call for presentation
- Presentation should be related to biomass utilization.
- Presentation: Oral (10 min presentation and 5 min discussion) or poster (To be decided by the organizing committee)
- No qualification is needed for application.
- Due date for for application of paper presentation:
Fri., Oct. 2, 2015 Extended until Fri., Oct. 9, 2015 Fri., Oct. 16, 2015
For application of presentation, send information through the following web page.
The following information is needed.
Presentation title/ Authors names and affiliation (Place * on corresponding author)/Abstract (200 words)/ Keywords/ Corresponding author's information (telephone number/ fax number/ e-mail address)
Due date for extended abstract:
Fri., Nov. 13, 2015 Extended until Wed., Nov. 18, 2015
Extended abstract in the form of pdf files should be submitted through the following web page.
Detail of the paper prearation can be found at:
Presentation number will be informed when program is ready.
- Best Student Presentation Award
Three best papers presented by student from the universities of countries other than Japan, which are submitted by due date, will be awarded, and the travel fee of the students will be supported up to 100,000 JPY each.
If you have troubles for accessing homepage, or if you have any question, please contact the following e-mail address.
acbs2016[at]ml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Substitute [at] with @, please!!)
- Wataru OGASAWARA
- Masayuki OZAWA
- Machi KANNA
- Yasuo KOJIMA
- Kinya SAKANISHI
- Hiroaki TAKAKU
- Yutaka NAKASHIMADA
- Hiroshi NONAKA
- Toshiaki HANAOKA
- Junichi FUJINO
- Shinji FUJIMOTO
- Keigo MIKAME
- Tomoaki MINOWA
- Hiromi YAMAMOTO
- Takahiro YOSHIDA
- Takuyuki YOSHIOKA
- Liuyun LI
Advisory Board (expected)
- Paritud BHANDHUBANYONG
- Jessie C. ELAURIA
- Jin-Suk LEE
- Keat Teong LEE
- Haibin LI
- Dehua LIU
- MOHD ALI HASSAN
- Unngul PRIYANTO
- Tran Dinh MAN
- Yoshimitsu UEMURA